Following one of the worst bushfire seasons in Australian history over the summer of 2019 – 2020, Services Australia (Department of Human Services) engaged Balanced Internet to architect and develop Recovery Connect. Recovery Connect enables Australian citizens to find additional payments and support during and after a bushfire. A range of services and information was required to be readily available — from charity and community organisation support to government agency support.
Citizens are able to quickly and intuitively search in their local area for a range of services and information including government assistance, financial assistance, emotional support, physical health support, accommodation assistance, food and household supplies and more.
Recovery Connect supports the National Bushfire Recovery Agency impact and mission by transforming the way that people can search for services and information during and after bushfires. Recovery Connect delivers a modern, accessible web experience for a range of citizen personas, including individuals and families, small businesses, not-for-profit organisations and primary producers. Utilising innovative and industry-leading technologies, Recovery Connect provides a practical digital interaction that is seamless and easy to access from any device.
- Digital Strategy
- User Experience Design
- User Interface Design
- Support & Maintenance
- Ongoing Feature Enhancements
- Magento Commerce
- Magento PWA Studio
- Decoupled Progressive Web Application with customisable styling
- Extremely scalable to be able to serve country-wide demand
- Flexibility to be tailored to a range of Government service providers
- Assessed as a highly compliant application by the respective Australian Government Departments
- Ability to measure, analyse and report on integrated data with best-in-class business intelligence tools