Your information: When we refer to your information, we are referring to your personal information as defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ie “information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable: (a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and (b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not”.
The kinds of information we collect and hold
Depending on the particular circumstances, we may collect and hold a range of different information about you and or your organisation. This can include your name, date of birth, contact details (including address, email address, phone number or mobile telephone number), financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) and information about how you use our products and services. This is not an exhaustive list.
How we collect your information
We may collect your information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you (such as where you provide information to us when you use our website, complete an application form or agreement for one of our products or services, or contact us with a query or request)
- from third parties such as our business or commercial partners, wholesale or other customers, or your representatives
- from publicly available sources of information
- from our records of how you use our products or services
- from the third parties we list in the section of this statement with the heading “When we disclose your information”.
You have the right to refuse to provide us with your information. If you do so we may be unable to provide you with some or all of our products and services.
How we use your information
We may use your information for a range of different purposes, including:
- to provide products and services to you, to provide you with information about those products and services, to assist you with enquiries or purchases, to enhance your experience of our products and services, and to provide you with better customer service
- to administer and manage the products and services we provide to you, to charge and bill you for them, and to collect any amounts you may owe us
- to gain an understanding of your information and communication needs, to improve or develop our products and services, or to perform research and analysis;
- to operate, maintain, develop, test and upgrade our systems and infrastructure
- to verify your identity or to conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud
- to provide you with information products or services including those of third parties that may be of interest to you
- as required or authorised by law.
We take customer privacy and data security very seriously. Our priority is making sure we keep your personal information safe and secure at all times.
While we work hard to protect your personal information, we are not liable you, to the extent permitted by law, for any unauthorised access to this information and we encourage you to proactively take your own steps to manage your privacy in a digital world. We will notify you of any unauthorized access to your information that may occur.
When we disclose your information
We may disclose your information to third parties who provide services to us, including organisations and contractors that assist us with the purposes for which we use your information. These services include:
- customer enquiries and support services
- installation, maintenance and repair services
- mailing operations, billing and debt-recovery functions
- information technology and network services
- market research and marketing.
We may also disclose your information:
- to your authorised representatives or advisers, or when you ask us to do so
- as required or authorised by law, including to law enforcement and national security agencies, and other government and regulatory authorities
- to third parties who assist us to manage or develop our business and corporate strategies and functions;
Disclosure of your information overseas
In some cases we may disclose your information to business partners based overseas that are responsible for the provision or support of our products and services may be based outside Australia. We take all reasonable steps to ensure these organisations are subject to obligation of confidentiality and privacy concerning your information.
How to access or correct your personal information
If you wish to access any of your personal information that we hold or would like to correct any errors in that information, please contact us using the contact details on our website so that we can consider and respond to your request. We may apply an administrative charge for providing access to your personal information in response to a request.
How to make a complaint
You may also use the contact details on our website to notify us of any privacy complaint you have against us, including if you think that we have failed to comply with any applicable requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) or the Privacy Act.