Two days with Magento Community Engineer and a highly-skilled team of Magento Developers giving insights into Magento 2 development and contributing to the Magento 2 core.
What is it?
A Contribution Day is a hackathon-like event where we encourage the community to contribute to the Magento 2 Open Source product by opening pull requests and validating issues on GitHub. The majority of the participants will be in Melbourne, with some joining from other locations in APAC, Europe and Asia.
On Friday afternoon David Manners will do a series of the presentations on the community projects and Magento roadmap.
On Saturday we’ll start with sharing the instructions and the suggested list of tasks for the contribution. You can always grab the issues on the main project repository (Projects Board). At the end of the day, everyone will present the achievements to the team!
What can you choose?
- Magento 2 Project Board
- Magento B2B
- PWA Studio
- Bulk API
- And more!
Address: Level 1, 58 Rupert St, Collingwood, VIC 3066
Friday, 10 August 2018, 3pm to 7pm
Presentations by David Manners:
- Magento Community Projects Overview
- Magento Roadmap
- Magento Innovations
Saturday, 11 August 2018, 9am to 7pm
- 9:00am – 9:30am Coffee & Intros
- 9:30am – 10:30am How to Contribute
- 10:30am – 1:00pm Development Time
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm Lunch
- 2:00pm – 4:00pm Development Time
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm Demos & Closing Presentations
- 5:00pm onwards Drinks & Chat
- Be there and have a desire to make a contribution and have fun
- Have a laptop with a debugger and IDE
- Have an active GitHub account
- Have a working (Up and running) Magento 2 version with develop branch, forked and pulled from GitHub
What if I have never contributed before?
Before the event, we recommend that you have a local installation of Magento setup from a fork of the repository you plan to contribute to, tests running locally, and have looked through our guides on contribution and backwards compatible changes. Refer to the following documentation for more information:
Please register using Registration Form