e&s, driving innovation to achieve game-changing business results with Adobe Commerce
Behind the scenes of the winning customer experience
Whether you’re purchasing new appliances to complete the ultimate kitchen renovation, designing the perfect bathroom for your new build or are in a hurry to replace your broken washing machine, their curated selection of leading brands makes performance, reliability and stylish design accessible to everyone.
As a family-run local business, e&s pride themselves on offering great prices, honest advice and exceptional service. e&s make it their mission to ensure improving life in your home with the perfect appliances feels easier. They call it the e&s feeling.
The team at e&s recognised the need to transform their eCommerce platform to have the ability to revolutionise their omnichannel customer experience. With a comprehensive digital transformation strategy to drive the business forward, the e&s team worked with Balance Internet to create an Adobe Commerce platform to deliver their vision. ‘The e&s feeling’ which the brand makes their mission needed to be fluid across in-store and eCommerce, creating the ultimate omnichannel experience for their customers.
The eCommerce platform needed to include the many positive aspects of shopping in person at e&s in a new inventive way, including the welcoming atmosphere, the informed and helpful staff, the extensive range of products available, the after-sales services that go hand in hand with the products, and their price match guarantee service. Balance Internet and e&s worked together in partnership to begin designing a solution to meet the technical and experiential criteria required for it to be a success.
At the commencement of the project, the key objectives were clear for e&s and Balance Internet. The solution should be a best-in-class Adobe Commerce platform to help the organisation be a true omnichannel retailer and harness eCommerce’s growth potential. The platform needed to be able to deliver a game-changing customer experience initially for B2C customers but with the capability to extend to B2B audiences in the future.
To achieve this, there was a heavy focus on systems integration. The new solution had to integrate seamlessly with critical business systems, in particular, the organisation’s ERP. By doing so, e&s could retain a single source of data, key to allowing existing systems and processes to ensure a consistent experience in both showrooms and online. The newly combined data sources would provide valuable information to create significant operational efficiencies. Furthermore, be a pivotal tool to improve customer experiences across the board. Customer behaviour, customer data and analytics would be utilised in a continual improvement process.
The platform’s vision was that no matter where customers chose to do research or shop, e&s should be able to provide them with the best possible experience. Simplifying and clearly communicating the complicated requirements of selecting appliances so customers could easily make the perfect choice online was key to this vision. The Adobe Commerce out of the box content flexibility would allow the team to develop extensive customised feature filters, immersive product pages with rich content and engaging promotional landing pages to support guiding customers through the complex product ranges.
The platform was launched in late 2019, feature-rich and ready for action, only several months before the global COVID-19 pandemic hit Australia, which would turn out to be immeasurably important to the business.
e&s saw their online sales increase a whopping 1936% during the first year of the new site. A hugely successful outcome in such challenging times for Australian businesses of all kinds.
The Adobe Commerce solution handled the significantly increased demand on both the front-end and back-end with ease. This allowed e&s to focus on their customers and deliver them superior experiences through solely digital channels throughout a large part of 2020.
The continued partnership between e&s and Balance Internet is focused on improving the online experience for e&s customers in new and exciting ways. This collaborative continuous improvement approach has delivered an impressive average growth of 23% month on month since launch with several developments for the solution still in the works.
“Adobe Commerce has been the perfect platform to transform our business into a true omnichannel retailer. Our partnership with Balance Internet has allowed us to push the boundaries of Adobe’s platform to create a highly engaging and flexible website that will continue to support our ambitious growth plans for many years to come.”
Superior content management
- Has significantly improved content management and publishing with an easy-to-use and intuitive interface.
- Has streamlined content publishing with content preview and scheduling capabilities.
- Allows e&s eCommerce, Merchandising and Marketing teams to manage onsite content without requiring developer support.
- Integrates seamlessly with key business systems such as the organisation’s ERP, to improve content management.
- The solution provides data visualisation, cloud-based hosting and robust dashboard and report building tools in one place.
- Drives business impact with powerful business intelligence capabilities, which can be used to improve the customer experience.
- The solution provides a global view of real-time stock availability and orders, utilising Magento MSI, so that customer service can easily help customers process orders.
- Supports a wide range of content to create immersive experiences for customers, e.g. images, videos, product manuals, promotional banners, adjustable page layouts, and find a showroom.
- Provides customers with an interactive experience to search and discover, driving engagement and conversion.
- Provides customers with standard pricing, cashback pricing, promotional pricing, get-a-quote and price matching, as they would be able to receive when shopping in-store.
- The solution provides flexible fulfilment options, including various standard delivery and delivery with installation options based on location.
Scalability and optimisation
- Reliable Amazon Web Service (AWS)–based environment that can support any size of eCommerce deployment or campaign traffic.
- Use of a high performance CDN optimises content delivery, reducing load on critical infrastructure and increasing responsiveness in key conversion funnels.
& interface design
Pushys is Australia’s leading online bike retailer selling top brand road, mountain and BMX bikes, scooters and accessories with unequalled knowledge and skills in the local market. So when it came time to upgrade their solution, offering the best commerce experience for customers was crucial for the pure-online retailer.
With an eCommerce platform for Australia and New Zealand regions, Krispy Kreme puts delicious and joyful experiences at the heart of their customer experience. Creating an exciting digital experience for online customers that could be as immersive as in-store, was possible with Adobe Commerce.